On Saturday we went to Sam's Club as a family. Cole ran into someone from work and we had this conversation:
Me: "Hi I'm Michelle and this is our daughter Lexi"
The Lady: "Oh Hi ALEXIS. How are you ALEXIS. You are so cute ALEXIS"
Lexi: (looks at the lady expressionless)
The Lady: "You know your name don't you ALEXIS. You sure do don't you ALEXIS"
Me and Cole: (give each other a look and think the same thing but neither of us vocalizes it)
Me: "Yep she knows her name" (snickering inside just dying to laugh out loud)
Poor Lexi. This will probably happen to her a lot.
4 comments:
Funny that we were just talking about that! I probably would have laughed and been like, "Um, it is LEXI!"
Lexi, is a darling name! it's funny, someday she will be correcting people! If Madilyn is called Madi, she says my name is Madilyn. its funny!
Cute story - I would have been so tempted to correct the lady . . . don't know if I could have held myself back :)
That's funny. People tease Caleb because he goes by his middle name! I like Lexi better than Alexis, just so you know! Lexi is darling!
Post a Comment