Friday, May 30, 2014

Memorial Day

We had a nice Memorial Day weekend.  We ate out at Olive Garden and Carrabbas which was really fun because I ate dairy.  We went to Hollywood Connection up in West Valley.  It was fun.  It was the kids first time roller skating and it didn't last long.  Carter never really did it but Lexi liked to keep trying.  She almost broke her arm so we stopped.  The kids got to ride rides and drive bumper cars.  I loved watching Lexi drive.  She was so happy.  Carter hated the cars and screamed the entire time.  Trevor was really good and liked watching all the commotion.  He has gotten more content the last week or so because he's gotten better at holding things so he entertains himself by playing with his binky and burp cloth.  He is always putting my hair in his mouth and I am contently pulling out wads of hair from his hands.  On Sunday while the kids napped I watched my Grandpa Bills video and my Grandma Donnas video.  They made me cry but it was a good cry.  I am glad to be part of their family and for all the memories I have of them.  My favorite part about my Grandpa's interview was where they ask him to talk about his Mother.  He says how he enjoyed talking to her.  I found that beautiful.  My Grandpa was so quiet and hardly ever talked but he could talk to his mother and enjoyed talking to her.  I hope to be like her.  He also talked about his wife (my grandma Irene).  He says she is the most charitable person he knows.  Even in elementary school when she would notice someone didn't have something she would try to help them or if someone was left out she would befriend them.  I admire that so much and hope to be like her too.  I love learning about my ancestors and am so grateful for their legacy.







No comments: