Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Easter

I think Easter is my  favorite holiday.  We started off the week watching the video of Christs last few days on earth.  I love watching those with my kids.  I think we all felt the spirit and the kids had great questions.  Carter talked about it for days.  He would remind us to be nice like Jesus.  I was especially grateful to be reminded about the resurrection with the passing of my Grandma Donna.  I've missed her more and more lately and am glad I can see her again.  I wish I could show off Trevor to her.  She would love him.  I miss having someone to go visit that was always glad to see me and made me feel like I'd done something good.  All of the older people I used to love to visit have passed on.  It is hard for me.  When I feel like doing something good I want to go visit them but they are gone.  I only have one grandparent left, Irene.  She is such a remarkable lady.
The day before Easter we went to the Highland egg hunt.  The kids had fun finding eggs, decorating a cookie, and seeing the bunny.  Later that day we went to my Moms house for a family party.  It is one of my favorite things I do all year.  We ate, visited, and had a egg hunt.  The little kids had so much fun playing together and got along really well.  I love my family.  I am so lucky to have such great aunts, cousins, etc. Sunday the bunny came and brought some trinkets.  We went to church and then got to go to Maleah's for dinner.  It was a great day.

No comments: