Tuesday, May 6, 2014

3 months old

Since Trevor is almost 4 months old I thought I'd better document what he was like at 3 months old.He got a cold the day he turned 3 months old and it was really bad.  He didn't sleep at all and I took him to the doctor.  They did a blood test and everything turned out fine but it was hard.  He weighed 12lbs 9 oz when I took him in.  He discovered his hands.  He loves to eat them.  He also loves my hair.  I now have both boys always grabbing and playing with my hair.  I am always pulling hair out of his hands that he has removed from my head.  He also likes to play with his burp cloth and anything that he can "accidently" grab.  You can tell he is trying to figure out how to puposefully grab things but can't yet.  He has also discovered his voice in the last week and often screams high pitched happy screams that sound like singing ahh.  He loves to he held and thus he usually cries if we don't hold him.  He hates his car seat and screams the entire time he is in it.  He ususally does ok if Lexi is in the car but the minute she leaves to go to school or dance he cries. Lexi is a great help to me with him in general and likes to play with him.  I have been packing him in a front pack at the grocery store rather than his car seat because he cries if I don't.  He sleeps pretty well at night, much better than the other two did at this age.  He has slept untnil 5 three different times but sometimes only sleeps 3 hour stretches.  The norm is 4 to 6 hour stretches.  He gets distracted while eating and will just sit and smile at me instead of eat.  Its funny and frustrating.  I can't help but smile back though.  He is a terrible napper and will only sleep about 40 minutes in a crib for a nap but if I hold him he will sleep 3 hours.  My favorite thing about him is his smile.  His eyes turn almond shape and his body squirms with excitment when he smiles.  It is wonderful.  We like to call him little T sometimes.  I love having him around and he is exactly what we needed. I am one lucky Mom.

No comments: