Thursday, April 29, 2010
Mostly For Me
This is mostly for me so I can remember this next time I go through something hard. I was recently talking to a friend when she disclosed a trial she is facing. She told me about it because she knew I had been through the same trial. When I went through the trial it was such a difficult time. I had such a hard time understanding why I had to go through it. While I still don't know why I had to go through it I am learning to be grateful for it. I am grateful for it because it has helped me comfort others facing it in a way I couldn't have had I not been through it myself. I have so much empathy for those facing it. After I talked with my friend my heart ached for her. It made me think of the Savior and the Atonement. I felt grateful for his example. He suffered all pains, afflictions, and heart aches for us so that he would know how to help us when they happened to us. I felt a small portion of this when I got to help my friend. I hope next time I face something difficult I can remember this experience and it can help me stay a little more positive even amidst the hardship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment