Monday, March 16, 2009

Is that it?



We had a fun weekend. Somehow Cole talked me into going hiking in Sedona. (Those of you who know me know I hate hiking) Sedona was really crowded and it took us a while to get through town and to our hiking destination. Our directions were inaccurate so it took us an extra hour to find the trail. Lexi liked the hike. She stayed awake for the first hour and it was fun to see the other hikers reaction to her. I don't think I'll ever get tired of people telling me how cute she is. We were supposed to hike to an arch. We kept asking each other, "Is that it?" and eventually we gave up because the trail got too steep. We later saw the arch from a distance on our way back to the car and realized we missed the turn on the trail that would have taken us to it. Oh well. There's always next time. I'm still not really a hiking fan but it was a good family activity so I think we'll keep it up. I really love Sedona. It is always about 10-15 degrees warmer and the terrain is so different.

2 comments:

Hannah and Mike said...

Did you get endless comments about how Lexi had it made, and they wished they could have a ride? We always seem to get those kind when we're out with Dennison in the pack. Sedona is so pretty, I want to come and visit sometime.

Sharon said...

Ken and I have a hard time finding the trails in Sedona too, but we always enjoy the scenery no matter what. Glad the hike was tolerable ;)