Friday, October 17, 2008

He Remembers Us

I just wanted to share an experience I had yesterday that helped me remember that Heavenly Father knows me and is watching out for me. I went to the Doctor yesterday and was told my blood pressure was high and that they wanted to deliver me soon. My Doctor was leaving for vacation though so he couldn't induce me yesterday. He wanted me to see his associate this Monday so that the associate could see if I still needed to be induced or if I could wait until the 27th when my Doctor comes back. He also put me on bed rest.

Needless to say I was in shock. I wasn't emotionally prepared to have the baby so soon and by a different doctor. I kept a happy face while at the appointment but once I reached the door I broke down. I tried to call Cole but he was in training in a building that doesn't get phone reception. I then called my Mom. Luckily she answered. I cried my eyes out to her and she helped comfort me. I was so glad she was available. I then went home.

I was still quite worried. Then, by very odd coincidence the only person I know that sees the Doctor that I will be seeing on Monday called me. I was able to ask her about him and felt a lot better about the possibility of him delivering my baby. I then tried to take a nap so I wouldn't worry myself to death. A few hours later a girl in my ward invited me to come hang out at her house with another girl that just had a baby. What a blessing she called because I really needed to get out and to have some "girl" time. The girl that just had a baby also sees the doctor I will be seeing Monday. She made me feel even better about the possibility he might deliver me.

The last thing that happened was that the day before all of this happened we finally got our crib from the lady that was giving it to us (it has taken her 4 months to give it to us). This has really been stressing me out. I was so grateful that before all of this happened we got the crib. I think that I would have had a panic attack at the thought of having my baby without knowing that there was a crib at home ready for her.

I was so grateful Heavenly Father timed all of these things to help me deal with the news I got yesterday. Too many things happened to call it coincidence. He knew what I needed and sent people my way to help me. I am also grateful for the people that listened to the promptings to do the things they did that helped me yesterday. You truly never know when you are answering someones prayers. I am so thankful for all the people that answered mine. I am feeling a lot better now and am over the shock and am just excited.

4 comments:

Abby said...

He really is in the details. I can understand how that news would be hard to take. I hope you continue to find peace, come what may.
We're praying for you.

Kids in the Kong said...

The EXACT same thing happened to me (and I felt and reacted the same way--cry in the office though), but I had to go directly to the hospital because Hazel had virtually not grown for several weeks (I was 37 weeks). The OB that delivered her I met during a belly check months before when I had to take Kale because my babysitter did not show up--so I spent my entire time calming him down and NEVER even talked directly to the OB.

While it's not ideal to have someone other than your doctor deliver you--you will be fine. Your OB obviously trusts his partner or he would work with him. Just keep the real goal in mind: to have a healthy baby, a healthy Mommy . . and don't let Cole leave your side.

Good Luck. This will be an excited week for you!

Chelsey said...

Oh, Michelle. Thanks for sharing your experience. you are going to be a great mom.

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Yes...Heavenly Father does remember us, thanks for sharing your experience. :-)