Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day

We had the best Labor Day ever! My parents came into town and we had a blast! I was so excited they came. They were supposed to come visit us in Decatur but we ended up moving the week before they were to come into town. It had been over a year since they had been to any place I've lived. I don't know what it is, but there's something about being able to show your family where you live. It was so nice. The first night they got here we took them to Historic Downtown and ate dinner. The next day we got up and went to the Grand Canyon. My Dad was the only one that had been there so we weren't sure what we were in for. It was amazing. It is only 1hr 45min from my house. We did more of a scenic version where we just looked over the edges due to the fact I'm pregnant. If you're wondering why I'm wearing a dress, I am at a stage where that is all I can stand to wear for more than a few hours. I hate elastics around my waist now. Aren't my parents the cutest! They are so fun. I want to be like them when I grow up:) Sunday we went to church and drove them around town and to the ski resort. Monday we went to Sedona. I love going there because the drive is so amazing. One minute you're in a pine forest and the next you are in red rock and it's 15 degrees warmer. We are eating lunch at a fun place in downtown Sedona in this picture.

I am now done with my temporary job. It was a good experience and I learned a lot. I am glad to be done because being pregnant is getting a little harder. I have exactly 2 months left from today. We have been taking childbirth classes and have had fun with that. Sometimes they make me nervous because I realize there's no turning back and I'm not sure I'm ready for this. I am so excited though. She already has a fun personality and I can't wait to meet her.

6 comments:

Abby said...

How nice! Good company, good food, beautiful scenery...doesn't get any better!

Melissa said...

I want to be cute like your parents when I grow up too!

jen.nie said...

you're looking so good. it looks so pretty there, lucky! i can't believe only two more months. don't worry you'll be awesome.

eden&mike said...

You look great. 2 months oh my gosh! Fun fun! Childbirth wasnt as scary as I had imagined. Of course, when you have a baby in 25 mins with no epidural, its not all bad. But seriously, you will be fine and love the thrill of it all! Just make sure if you want meds, you ask, immediately!

Kathy VonTrapp said...

You look so cute Michelle! Not much longer now! :-) How fun for your parents to come and visit! And yes, your parents are so cute! Oh, I'm wishing I lived in the West...love the Grand Canyon and all the sights!

Chelsey said...

56 days left. That is so exciting! I hope you are feeling good. I know it can get pretty uncomfortable near the end.