Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow day and COLE day

Today all the schools are cancelled because we had a big snow storm yesterday. It wouldn't be too big of a deal in Utah but out here snow can be very dangerous. They don't really plow the roads until it is completely done snowing (so it doesn't really work too well). The people that live out in the country don't get plowed out for days and they often close their roads completely. It is really dangerous out there because when the corn is gone the winds get really strong and can blow you off the road. We're just fine and luckily we live really close to CAT so Cole can go to work easily. We live in town so our roads are okay.


Cole kind of gets left out of the blog sometimes so this ones for him.




C ~ Creative, Compassionate, Charitable, Caterpillar
O ~ Outstanding, Optomistic, Out of this world:), Original
L ~ Loving, Learner, LOST #1fan, Logical
E ~ Efficient, Entrepreneur, Energetic, Exciting, Engineer

What can I say... english was never my best subject but hopefully you get the point. I'm lucky to have such a great husband and I love him a lot!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Sounds like people all over the country are experiencing weird weather. Your state really should take lessons from Utah, but then schools wouldn't get canceled as often. Hhhmm... I think I'd rather have school canceled! Since the people in the country are locked up for days, I bet they have a good food storage supply.

Here in Vegas, rain is a big deal and they close off roads for floods because the ground doesn't absorb the moisture very well. We've had a couple of floods down our street that have gone up to the car door. Kind of cool.

Thanks for the articles! Keep on posting!

Love,

Melissa and the Butler Kids

melissa said...

my favorite adjective in there was "caterpillar." even if it means something specific, i think it's a great way to describe someone you love.

Michelle said...

I added it because he works for Caterpillar as an engineer.

Abby said...

Like your new look!

Carrie said...

I like your new look, too! And that was a very nice poem. I should do one for Ben because he gets left out too.