Thursday, January 17, 2008

Look Ma


I got a sewing machine for Christmas so I attempted to make a skirt. My favorite store, Hobby Lobby, was having a sale on their Simplicity patterns. Each pattern was $0.99 so I snagged a few and pretended like I knew what I was doing. Don't look too close or you'll notice all the imperfections. I love the fabric, but think I might trim the ribbon a little and add some ribbon to the bottom. Here's to trying.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Way to go! Looks great. Here's to domesticating ourselves.

melissa said...

i am pretty sure sewing can solve all of our problems. you look problem-free.

jen.nie said...

Good job michelle!! I love that fabric! Don't you just love when you find great things on sale. I can't see any flaws. It looks good! The ribbon on the bottom would be cute too. I love to sew, it is so fun to make something and feel like you accomplished something great.

Carrie said...

Yaaaaaay! Most of my sewing projects turn into disasters so good job! Or should I have said "sew" good job. sorry I couldn't resist. It looks not only very nice, but very nice on you!