Cole has been playing basketball at the church. He took an investigator with him last week. They were about to finish playing when...they decided to play one more game. Cole wanted to leave but needed to stay to take the investigator home... so Cole played. Their team was three points away from winning. Cole went up for the re-bound when...boom he rolled his ankle. When he came home he was limping but okay. It wasn't swollen. The next morning I could hear him limpling A LOT. I got up and asked him how he was and he was swollen and worse. We took him to the Doctor and it turns out he sprained his ankle. He stayed home from work and elevated it. We got him some crutches to get around. The next day he went to work on crutches. I drove him so he wouldn't have to walk as far (mind you his building is 1/4 a mile long and he walks it multiple times a day). Amazingly enough when I went to pick him up he was walking without crutches and looked like a new man. Now he is pretty much back to normal. I am so glad it wasn't any worse than it was.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Basketball Injury
Cole has been playing basketball at the church. He took an investigator with him last week. They were about to finish playing when...they decided to play one more game. Cole wanted to leave but needed to stay to take the investigator home... so Cole played. Their team was three points away from winning. Cole went up for the re-bound when...boom he rolled his ankle. When he came home he was limping but okay. It wasn't swollen. The next morning I could hear him limpling A LOT. I got up and asked him how he was and he was swollen and worse. We took him to the Doctor and it turns out he sprained his ankle. He stayed home from work and elevated it. We got him some crutches to get around. The next day he went to work on crutches. I drove him so he wouldn't have to walk as far (mind you his building is 1/4 a mile long and he walks it multiple times a day). Amazingly enough when I went to pick him up he was walking without crutches and looked like a new man. Now he is pretty much back to normal. I am so glad it wasn't any worse than it was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jon has been doing the crutch thing too...though his excuse isn't as fun as basketball. I think that he would have rather had some great sports move be the reason, but alas it was the infamous los hermonos.
Post a Comment