Trevor is almost 8 months old. He rolls and almost pulls himself to a crawling position. He sits up pretty well. He hates anything in his mouth and refuses food and his pacifier. We have to get him to laugh or cry to get a spoon in his mouth and then he spits it out. He says dada now. He is a Mommy's boy when he is tired or hungry but other than that he likes everyone and doesn't have stranger danger. He is happiest in the morning and sometimes just laughs and laughs. I let him cry it out for his naps and it only took twice for it to work out. Now I put him in and he only cries for a few minutes and then sleeps. It's heaven! He likes to click his tongue and does it better than any of us. At the doctor yesterday he weighed 17lbs 8oz (with clothes on).
Carter is a riot. Yesterday he ate his breakfast really fast so I asked him, "Carter how did you get so fast?" to which he replied, "Jesus made me that way." He is really expressive. He will tell you when he is mad now and is getting better about not hitting when that happens. He just runs and throws himself on the ground and sometimes head butts. It's not ideal but he's trying. He is showing interest in learning letters so I taught him C for Carter and he loves identifying it in the world around him. He is my best child at sharing and if he has a treat or something special he always asks if you want some. He is also my best child at saying thank you. I love it when he says it with surprise and awe like you just did something amazing. I guess it really is to him. He wants to fly and have powers. He thinks it will happen in the future. He'll say, "Mom, when I get powers I'm going to..."
Lexi also wants to fly. The other day she told me she's been practicing. She climbs up the ladder on her bunk bed a little ways and then jumps. She told me one day it worked and she got one flap of her arms in and went up! I had a hard time not laughing. We recently had a conversation with both kids about our bodies and that girls have breasts and we shouldn't touch them. Carter was hilarious and said, "Can I touch them with my pinky?" "Oh no Mom I touched it with my head (when he laid on me)." Then Lexi asked, "Mom, will I get them when I'm older?" I looked at Cole and he immediately covered his mouth so she couldn't see him laughing. I had the hardest time not laughing. It was quite the conversation. We started letting Lexi hold Trevor more when they are sitting down and she's loved the added trust. Both boys idolize her. I took her on a special date to get pedicures while the boys were at Father and Sons. It is such a blessing to have a daughter and sons. I am lucky to get the best of both worlds.
My Mom turned 60 in August. I threw her a surprise party. I'd been planning it for a very long time. I tried to get a grandchildren picture for her but it didn't work out so we just got one with those able to do it. They turned out really cute. Then on her birthday my Dad took her to Park City overnight. I arranged a surprise family dinner for when she arrived home followed by an open house for all of her friends. At first when she got home and found out she didn't seem too happy about it but then she loved it. I think she was just overwhelmed. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun. I love my Mom and wanted her to know she is worth making a fuss over.






















No comments:
Post a Comment