Sunday, September 25, 2011

Potty Time!



Lexi has been potty training the last week and a half. The first 3 days were awful!!!We spent a lot of time sitting on the potty watching movies and reading books. One day I knew she needed to go so she sat there for 2 hours but just couldn't go. She didn't mind sitting there though because she got snacks and shows. I tried panties with plastic pants but they leaked so we have settled on panties with pull-ups over them. Her rewards for going were M&M's from a candy machine she gets to put money in and stickers for her poop chart that went towards earning a pretend dog. Once she went once and got a reward she was on board and so excited. We celebrated a lot each time and called people to tell them. We decided to go out on day 4 and she didn't have any accidents so I knew she could hold it for at least 2 hrs. She still doesn't tell me when she has to go but if I put her on the toilet every hour she doesn't really have any accidents. She got enough stickers for her dog and loved going to get it this week. She has a special seat we take with us to other places and she does well going on it but can't go on a regular toilet without it. So we get to pack that around with us to church, grandma's, everywhere:) I am glad she's doing so well and am excited about the progress she's made. It has been one of my least favorite things to do but I'm glad we did it when we did. Yeah Lexi!!!

1 comment:

Matt and Amie said...

I totally agree with you. Potty training is my least favorite thing too! It is such a commitment, but so worth it once you can finally get your child to do it! Hopefully she keeps doing well for you. Your kiddos are so cute! I cant believe how big they are getting!