Monday, March 1, 2010

16 months old






Lexi is now 16 months old. I have really learned to enjoy this stage and have so much fun with her. After she turned 15 months old (and I told the doctor that she wasn't a picky eater) she started spitting out everything we would give her. She only has about 6 foods she will eat right now so any tips would be greatly appreciated. I got a new calling and am now it Young Womens. This has been really good for me and also very challenging It has made me realize how rare this time I have with Lexi is right now and has helped me find a lot more joy in it. It has also made me fearful for the teenage years:) I was reading in Nephi about the tree of life and how Lehi saw two of his sons stray from the iron rod. It made me cry because now that I am a mother I can see how painful it must be when you have wayward children. I really hope Lexi can gain a testimony and make good choices. I love Lexi so much and am so grateful for her. I love being a Mom and have a lot of fun doing it. Lexi has a few new tricks:



-She signs more and can say more


-She tries to do the actions to the songs we sing


-She tries to jump and thinks she's so cool when she does it
-She knows when you say pray or amen she should fold her arms and loves it when we pray


-She likes to walk independently in stores and looks at all the other babies in the carts to brag.


-She loves shoes! She loves to put them on and gets really frustrated if she can't get them on. We went through some hand me downs I have for her and she would try on each pair and walk around the house to try them out. She loved it.


-She can walk around our entire block and loves it.

3 comments:

Diane Durrant said...

She is growing up so fast!!! She is a beautiful little girl. I love the pictures of your house...so neat, clean and sparkling... just like your mom's house:) I am so glad that I can chat with you now. See you really soon!!! Can't wait:)
Love you all,
Diane

Carrie said...

Awww she's so cute! Watching their personalities emerge is so much fun. And I hear you on the YW callling... I'm soooooo glad I have boys now! haha If you ever have any good ideas about yw pass them my way. I'm ever in need of help.

Holbrook's said...

It really is a magical age full of change and growth and soooooo fun to watch!!! Enjoy every minute!