Saturday, January 23, 2010

Snowed In

Wow, what a storm! We have received about 4 feet of snow over the last few days. Poor Cole has had to snowblow our driveway every two hours and rake our roof several times. Cole's work, W.L. Gore closed down for two days due to the storm. They have only shut down twice in the last 20 years so that tells you how bad this storm was. The interstates were all closed for a few days and we were snowed in! I've heard several businesses in town had their roofs cave in as well. Luckily we knew the storm was coming so we prepared with lots of food and such. We were also lucky our power only went out once and for a very short time. I loved the storm because Cole got to stay home. I was in heaven having him around and so was Lexi. We also did some fun things with various neighbors and enjoyed that. Above our second story window gives you an idea of the amount of snow we got because we never shoveled that part off. Also, on the left side of our house we have a pine tree...I promise we really do even though all you can see is the very top of it. Thank you to everyone who called to check in on us. It's nice to know that even though we are so far away there are such kind people that love us!














2 comments:

Bethany said...

ugh.. so glad it stopped. too bad it takes so long for the snow to melt. this was a little much this time.

Matt and Suzanne said...

NO way! That's amazing. Probably stunk but I think it'd be kinda fun to be snowed in.:)