Lexi and I had so much fun in Utah. She loved Grandma and Grandpa. I think Grandpa is her new boyfriend. The first time she saw him she giggled and grinned from ear to ear (which is unlike Lexi). We went shopping at the outlets and I got great deals on Lexi's summer clothing. I tried shorts on her for the first time and they looked so cute on her chubby legs. We went to my cousins wedding and saw a lot of my extended family. I loved seeing everyone and their reactions to Lexi. I also got to see some friends from High School and loved spending time with them. We did our family Easter egg hunt early because my mom is going to be out of town on Easter. My nieces and nephew loved it and it was fun to see them so excited. It was so nice to be around family and friends. When you live far away you learn to treasure the time with your family so much more because it is so rare and precious. It is hard when they're not around for the milestones in Lexi's life so I really appreciated getting to "show her off" and seeing my parents fuss over her and bond with her. She's a lucky little girl to have grandparents like them.
Easter festivities

Lexi and Grandpa

Lexi with her cousins
2 comments:
Lexi is just adorable! What a cutie. I am glad you got to go home and spend some time with family. Those trips are so wonderful when you live far away!
Glad you had a good time with family - it's what it's all about. For me, the memories of family time help me when I'm feeling lonely and missing my family.
Post a Comment