Saturday, April 25, 2009

6 months old

Lexi is now 6 months old. I can't believe how fast she's growing and changing. Her doctors appointment went well. She is 15 lbs 12 oz (47%), 25.5 in (42%), and her head is 42cm (38%) so she is still pretty proportional and average. She cried when they gave her the shots but once I picked her up she stopped...until the nurse looked at her again. She remembered who gave her the shots and held a grudge. Lexi loves rolling. She will roll across the entire room. She knows how to roll to her toys and is doing really well with her hand skills. If I leave the room for a minute I have to put her in the center of the room to make sure she will be okay. She loves to roll under our coffee table and chairs. She does pretty well until she decides to go on her tummy and lift her head...then she hits it on them.

Lexi also loves her feet. Her socks are always wet from them being in her mouth. She's starting to giggle more. She is also making new sounds. She still grunts but now she makes high squealing sounds that are my favorite! She also reaches for anything within grabbing distance, including my glasses. Needless to say I wear my contacts a lot more now. She likes most of the solids we've tried. Her favorite food is sweet potatoes. Her least favorite is rice cereal so I have to disguise it in her other food. She's a really good girl but still has trouble sleeping. I feel blessed to be her mother and am so glad for her smiles and hugs. They make my day...everyday! Below are some pictures of Lexi over the last month.

Just hanging out in a cute out-fit


Lexi after eating sweet potatoes

4 comments:

Denise said...

She is so cute! I can't believe it has been 6 months already.

jen.nie said...

I think that she might be getting cuter!

Sharon said...

Wow - 6 months already! Lexi just keeps getting cuter.

melissa said...

i agree with jenny. she's really adorable. wouldn't you agree?