Trevor Ray Chamberlain arrived Tuesday, January 7th at 8:39am. He weighed 6lbs 9 oz and was 18 in long. We arrived at the hospital t 6:15am and got ready for the c-section. My IV went ok but hurt most of the time it was in me. I tried to calm my nerves by talking to the nurses about their kids and other small talk. Cole calmed his nerves by tinkering with the lights and studying the tray that went over the hospital bed. It was pretty funny. I love his brain. The doctor was running late but eventually they had me walk to the OR room. Cole didn't get to come in for quite a while. When I got to the OR room the anesthesiologist put in my epidural and had me lay down. A few minutes later Cole came in and the operation began. I was a little nervous so I had Cole hold my hand. I felt a lot better than my previous c-sections and I didn't shake at all. I remember the doctor and the other people in there were talking about movies during the operation. It felt like it took a long time. Then they said "oh he is so cute". Then I heard him cry. They didn't bring him over to me which was really frustrating. Cole left me and went over to where they weighed him and evaluated him. No one told me anything. I asked the anesthesiologist what color his hair was and how much he weighed. It took forever for anyone to tell me anything. Eventually Cole brought him over to me. I loved seeing him. He had his own look and I was happy about that. When I talked to him he turned towards my voice immediately. It was very sweet. His hair looked a little red but lost that look in the following days. They took him to the nursery and Cole went with him while they finished operating on me. They made me stay there for an hour and wouldn't let the baby be with me. I was very upset by this because I'd only seen my baby for less than 2 minutes up until this point. Trevors numbers were on the borderline of being too small for his gestational age so they were watching him pretty close. I was worried but it all worked out. Eventually my hour was up and I got to go be with my sweet baby. Then the "fun" began. I was hemorrhaging really badly. The nurses kept cleaning me and changing my bedding but it got really bad and they called the doctor back in. They were talking about operating again or doing a blood transfusion. I got really dizzy and had a hard time opening my eyes or talking. They kept giving me shots to try to stop the bleeding and eventually they worked. I was weak but ok. It was really scary. Then later that night I kept getting shortness of breath and had to have oxygen. Trevor was an awesome nurser which was such a great surprise. A few days later I got up to use the bathroom and passed a fist sized blood clot. It really worried me but things worked out. We stayed in the hospital 3 days and went home on Friday. It has been an emotional roller coaster since. I've had more anxiety with this baby but luckily he is my best newborn so far. The anxiety seems to be getting better and Heavenly Father has blessed me with a lot of tender mercies. Trevor has been such a sweet addition to our family and I love his sweet spirit. He likes to respond to our voices and will smile sometimes when we talk to him.





2 comments:
Sorry things didn't go so smoothly at the start, but glad to hear things are going well now. Hopefully your body will continue to heal and you'll get the rest you need.
So scary! My 3rd afterbirth was really scary and I did end up with a blood transfusion. Congrats on sweet Trevor!! He's beautiful!
Post a Comment