Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Fun

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is going to see the lights at Temple Square.  We went to Market Street for dinner and then to see the lights.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to do it but my body hung in there and I was able to enjoy the night.  The kids were excited to see the nativity and got really excited to see the star and animals.  I always feel the spirit so strong when we go there.  I am grateful for my family and that we have the gospel and the temple ordinances so be together forever.  After we stopped by to see Santa at City Creek.  Lexi told him she wanted a bike and Carter told him he wanted a big boy potty.  Santa was a little surprised and said that was the first time he'd had that request.  It was really funny.

We went to the live nativity in Alpine this year.  It was amazing.  They had all sorts of animals which Carter loved.  He would hike the hills to go see them and didn't even beg to be held.  It was fun to hear the different things the actors told about the story.  I liked being reminded about the gifts the three wise men gave.  When we got to the actual nativity it was so quiet and peaceful.  Carter didn't want to leave baby Jesus.  It was great to be able to feel the spirit with my family.

We had Cole's siblings over for a Christmas party.  We ate yummy food and played minute to win it games.  It was fun to have everyone over and I have really grown to appreciate being able to get to know Cole's siblings better.  They are very good people and we are lucky to live close to them.  We did a white elephant exchange and had a lot of good laughs.





No comments: