Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sweet Moments

I've had two sweet experiences with Lexi in the past few days that I want to remember.  When Sister Monson died I talked to Lexi about it and how we needed to pray for the Prophet to be comforted.  We said a prayer together and then went about our day.  Later that night at dinner Lexi randomly asked us how we find our family when we die.  It brought tears to my eyes thinking about how her little mind came up with that question.  We told her that Jesus would find her first and her family would find her too.  Grandma and Grandpa and Mommy and Daddy would all come find her.  We told her not to worry because we would come for her.  It was a very tender moment. 
The second experience happened in the middle of the night while I was cleaning up her throw up.  She was laying on a towel in the bathroom while I was cleaning her throw up off the carpet and door.  It was quiet.  She looked up at me with a big smile on her face and said, "I love you Mommy."  Suddenly cleaning up throw up wasn't a chore.  It was a privilege.  I get to be the Mom to the sweetest little girl in the world.  I love her so much.  She makes me feel like I'm the best and shows more love and kindness to me than I deserve.  I am so blessed.

No comments: