Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Baby #3

It has been an exciting time at our house.  In May we found out we are expecting our third child January 14, 2014.  We got lucky this time and didn't have to wait long to get pregnant (first try).  I was anxious to know so I took a bunch of early tests but they came up negative.  When I was 2 days late I took a dollar store test and it looked positive so to make sure I bought another target one and it was positive.  I drove straight to Cole's work to tell him.  We called it a "flower" for a code name until we were ready to tell Lexi.  Around 8 weeks we told Lexi.  She was so excited and couldn't stop laughing.  She said she thought Grandma should have a baby too.  She loves to lay next to the baby and tickle it, kiss it, and hug it.  She always tells me how she will help take care of the baby if I'm too tired.  I love that she loves it so much already.  Carter doesn't have a clue what's going on.  He's having to grow up a little because I don't like to carry him and in general make him be a little more independent.  I have had the hardest time with this pregnancy.  I have been nautious and can't stand to eat meat.  I have been super tired, thus my house is a mess and my kids are bored.  We have eaten out way too much but things seem to be getting better.  I am excited to have a baby around again but worry I won't be able to handle everything. 

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Congratulations on baby #3! Not that I'd want the baby to come late, but Jan. 16 is a great day ;) Lexi and Carter are getting so big. Hope you get over the nausea and tiredness soon :)