Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lexi

Lexi is at such a fun stage. She has decided she is a superhero. She saved her money to go buy some goggles from "her store" (the dollar store) and when she puts on her goggles she becomes a superhero. She also likes to wear her princess dress and glow sticks around her ankles and waist as part of her superhero costume. She asked me if there are really superheroes in this world that can fly. I didn't quite know what to say. She is really into Lightning McQueen and Nemo right now. Since being introduced to Nemo she has had a lot of questions about death which has brought on a lot of interesting conversations. She still wants to be all grown up and the other day she told me to never call her a little girl again. She is really sweet and always tells me I'm her favorite mommy and that Cole is her favorite daddy. She also tells me I'm her best friend and we are going to be best friends when she grows up and I go to her house. If only this stage could last forever. She still takes a nap and if she doesn't get one she falls asleep anyway. After church she usually falls asleep while eating because she misses her nap. She is very curious about the world around her and is always trying to make sense of the things she sees around her. She asks a lot of questions. The other day we were in the car and the song "time after time" came on and she started singing it. I was surprised because she's probably only heard it two or three times. She got really excited and said, "this is the time out song." She then kept singing and said, "Time out t-time." I laughed so hard. She still loves to snuggle and every morning she comes and snuggles with me in bed and watches a show until Carter wakes up. She is really excited to go to pre-school and just finished learning all of her capitol letters. She loves to identify letters in the world around her. She has gotten good at drawing people and likes to draw her family. She is very helpful and obedient and we love having her in our home.

No comments: