Thursday, August 27, 2009

North Carolina

We went to North Carolina for our Cole's family reunion. It was fun and great to see everyone. The trip started with us driving to Phoenix to spend the night at Taylor's house. Cole and I got to go do initiatories at the Mesa temple while Ariel watched Lexi. It was so good to go to the temple. I almost didn't get to go because I forgot my recommend but they got in touch with my Stake leadership. Thank you Ariel for watching Lexi!

The next day we flew to NC. It was a long day. Our trip consisted of a lot of beach time, Wright brothers museum, lighthouse tour, shopping, and trying Thai food. I'll be honest. The trip also consisted of a lot of long nights too. Lexi got sick the first day we were there and spent a lot of nights sleeping in our bed snuggled up to me. It got so bad that one night when she woke up crying we had to take her outside on a walk so she wouldn't wake everyone else up. I'm learning that a vacation once you are a Mom isn't really a vacation if you know what I mean. I loved having Cole around for an entire week. When we got home me and Lexi missed him a lot. Cole got to try out his skim boards he made and they did great. Our camera got eaten up by a wave at the end of our trip so I don't have very good pictures but I made a little video of the ones I had. Thank you to everyone who helped cook, clean, babysit, and entertain us. I know a lot of people sacrificed a lot so we could have this reunion and it is greatly appreciated. We will cherish the memories.

2 comments:

Hannah and Mike said...

My favorite was Lexi taking a nap. Looks like you had fun, but I totally get that traveling as a mom is hard and stressful, especially when they are babies. Hopefully you had some help though and got a few breaks.

It"s me said...

Looks like you had fun! I am sorry Lexi didn't feel well!