Saturday, January 17, 2009

Holiday Fun









We had such a wonderful Christmas in Utah. We saw family and friends and blessed Lexi. Lexi is growing up so fast. She will be three months old next week. She is pretty much over her colic and is such a happy girl now. I am really enjoying this stage and wish it could last forever. She smiles a lot and that makes being a Mom so much more rewarding. She has discovered her tongue and if you stick yours out at her she will stick hers out. She has also discovered her hands and loves to put her fist in her mouth (she hasn't figured out how to put just one finger in). Her favorite Christmas gifts are her baby gym and crib mobile. She gets really excited when she plays with them. She is really alert now and loves to look around. Her least favorite things are her car seat (she cries the whole time we are in the car) and being swaddled. After Christmas she got her first immunizations and did really well. It was the only night she has slept 7 hours. I think the Tylenol was to thank for that. Usually she only sleeps 5 hours. The worst part was that after 5 hours I woke up as usual to feed her but she didn't. She is in the 32% for weight, 51% for her head, and 65% for height. We don't know how she got so tall! Last night we moved Lexi into her own room. We waited at my request until after she got her shots. She did really well but I cried. It's funny how attached you get to your child when you are a stay at home mom. I love being with her and even though her room is only around the corner I missed her. I know it needed to happen though and will be good for all of us. We love our little Lexi Jane. Some of the pictures above are really old (from Thanksgiving) and the most recent ones are at the top.

5 comments:

Dax and Jen said...

Sounds like things are going really well! Lexie is such a cute little girl!

Hannah and Mike said...

I totally understand how attached you can get to your baby. I feel a bit ridiculous sometimes thinking how much Dennison needs me, but its actually the other way around. It was so good to see you guys and Lexi is even more beautiful in real life. Enjoy every minute.

Eric and Jenny said...

Michelle, Lexi is beautiful! I feel bad that I missed seeing you guys during the holidays. I hope everything is going well for you, and I am so excited for you to be a mom!

Sharon said...

It was so fun to have you over last weekend. And great to finally see Lexi in person - what a cutie!

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Lexi is just beautiful! :-) We loved your Christmas Photo Greeting! Love the picture of Cole playing pool with Lexi on his back! :-) I used to tote Madison around with me everywhere I went too. You two are such cute parents!