Monday, July 7, 2008

Opposition in All Things

Cole had the 3rd and 4th off so we decided to go to the Mesa temple and then to visit Taylor's family in Phoenix. We were really excited to go to the temple because it had been a while since we had done a session. Well, I don't know about you guys but it seems like whenever we plan a temple trip something goes wrong. We got in our car to go and were about 45 minutes into our 2 1/2 hour trip. I could hear something clicking but Cole was on the phone so I couldn't ask him what it was. Then the car started shaking. Yep, you guessed it. We blew a tire on our new car. Unfortunately, we were in the middle of no where and on a hill in very hot weather. I was so glad Cole was there. He put on the spare tire while I sat in the air conditioned car. We then tried to use our GPS to find somewhere to get the tire repaired/replaced. The only place we could find was "a hole in the ground" as Cole says. It was so bad they ran on cash only. We ended up having to get a replacement tire because we blew the sidewall. We just hoped that the tire they sold us was okay because we still had a long trip ahead of us. Once we were back in the car it hit me. I looked at Cole and told him something really good must be in store for us at the temple because of all our opposition getting there. Well it did. We both came away from the temple more motivated to do what is right and more committed to the covenants we've made. I am so grateful for the temple. I can always tell when I need to go because I have a harder time being kind, patient, and doing the right things. We both felt really good and glad we went. It is always worth the opposition that happens to get there, even if it means blowing a tire. I hope you enjoy the pregnancy side shot. It's really humbling for me to put in on. I'm 22 weeks in the picture. Let's just say it's pretty obvious I'm pregnant now.

3 comments:

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Yep...it does seems like there is always opposition when you're trying to go to the temple! Good for you guys in going though! By the way Michelle...you look so cute! I am getting excited for you guys to have your little girl, you guys will be awesome parents! :-)

Holbrook's said...

I know exatly what you mean, something almost always goes wrong...Satan works so hard to stop us from doing what we should. Tell Taylor and Loa Hi from Tait and I!

melissa said...

oh cute pregnant michelle.

we wanted to go to the temple the other day, but the logan one is closed the entire month of july. we were bummed until we realized we had about 20 others to choose from within a few hours...silly us.