Thursday, June 12, 2008

Any Guesses?

On Tuesday at 8:00 am we find out the gender of our baby. We can't wait. I don't know what the baby is but Cole kind of thinks it's a boy. Neither of us particularly cares what it is we are just thrilled to be pregnant. You'll have to let us know what you think it is. I think I've felt the baby. What I'm feeling feels like a little twitch every once in a while in my lower abdomin. It's pretty fun but only happens once in a while. Also, does anyone have any sleeping tips. I am having the hardest time sleeping. I've tried all sorts of things. I really miss being able to sleep on my tummy. I kind of want to get one of those airplane pillows so I can sleep sitting up. We are going camping with Taylor's family tomorrow in Sedona so I don't think I will be getting any sleep (even with an air mattress). Anyway, feel free to make any gender guesses and sleeping suggestions.

8 comments:

eden&mike said...

Im guessing Boy! I think it will be fun to have a baby so close to Ashers age! Regardless of gender!
-Oh and I had major insomnia with my pregnancies. I get Lavendar Vanilla sleep lotion from Bath and Body...It seriously works. Its in the aromatherapy section. The spray for your pillows doesnt work, just the lotion.
Have fun with Taylor & Loa. I bet Taj and Mia will have a harder time sleeping than you will! Good luck with that!

eden&mike said...

Im guessing Boy! I think it will be fun to have a baby so close to Ashers age! Regardless of gender!
-Oh and I had major insomnia with my pregnancies. I get Lavendar Vanilla sleep lotion from Bath and Body...It seriously works. Its in the aromatherapy section. The spray for your pillows doesnt work, just the lotion.
Have fun with Taylor & Loa. I bet Taj and Mia will have a harder time sleeping than you will! Good luck with that!

Abby said...

I'm guessing girl. You have lots of nieces...
It is so neat to feel the baby move!
Can't help you with the sleeping thing..just do what you gotta do..lotions, body pillows, airplane pillow.

Megan said...

My guess is a boy. On the sleeping thing, for me, it just gets worse as the pregnancy goes on. It's like your body keeps you awake to prepare you for those first few months after the baby comes. I would mention it to your doctor. With my first pregnancy, my dr. suggested an occasional benadryl(sorry for the spelling).

Holbrook's said...

I don't have a guess but a suggestion with the sleeping...I used a body pillow to hold against my stomach and between my legs. It helps take strain off your hips and back. But my personal theory is that pregnancy insomnia is natures way of getting you ready to survive the first 6 weeks of your babies life in which you will really get no sleep. Oh ya if no one has suggested it yet, get the book On Becoming Babywise. if you follow it your baby will start sleeping through the night by 10 weeks old! We used it and it is AWSOME! I have several friends/sisters that used it and they all had the same results. Sydnie is reading it right now too. HOpe this helps!

Kids in the Kong said...

Hmm....It's a boy! As for sleeping, use lots and lots of pillows--especially a body pillow. Good luck.

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Hi Michelle! Thank you for your "thank you" card you sent...it was so cute and I was so excited to get your blog address! I LOVE your blog and I'm guessing that you'll be having a boy! :-) I actually bought a body pillow when I was pregnant with Madison and it helped some...have you tried taking a warm bath (you can also add the Lavendar Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Foam Bath to the water...it works really well) before bed or drinking "sleepy time" herbal tea by celestial seasonings (don't add sugar though)? I've also heard that drinking warm milk (no chocolate added) before bed helps too although that just sounds gross to me. We miss you!

Carrie said...

I also love the lavender vanilla stuff from Bath and Body... It's so yummy to smell! And pillows are a must. I never used a pillow besides for my head before and by the end of my second pregnancy I was using 4! hahah one to hold, one between the knees, and one behind the back (in addition to the one under your head). I'm a tummy sleeper too and I slept on that silly watermelon until I just couldn't anymore and then the pillows helped a lot. Good luck!