Friday, April 25, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I am now 12 weeks! I look pregnant now. I've been told by a lot of people they can tell now. It is a little hard to hear that sometimes especially when people don't tactfully tell you. One women said, "You look fat." She works with me and knows I'm pregnant, and that was her way of saying I'm showing. It made me feel pretty bad. It's exciting to be approaching the end of the first trimester and I feel a lot more relaxed about the pregnancy. I feel pretty good but still take it easy because I'm so tired. I go to the doctor again next week. I am sad because it will probably be my last visit with this doctor. I will be getting my 5th sonogram. I have really enjoyed being able to go and do those every other week and will miss that. I've been very blessed to have such a good doctor.

Cole and I just went to Utah to his Grandma Chamberlain's funeral. It was sad but happy because she had a stroke over 7 years ago. Since then she couldn't talk or move so we are glad she is free from that challenge now.

We drove from Utah to Flagstaff and found a place to rent. We want to rent until we know the area better and then will look for somewhere to buy. It is exciting to think we can actually buy something now. With CAT we couldn't because we moved every year. Flagstaff is pretty expensive though so we'll see how it will all work out. I'm nervous to move but hope everything works out and that we like it. We will leave Decatur around May 12th. I won't miss the city but I will miss our ward. We've met a lot of good people.

5 comments:

Abby said...

Well, you might have a little bit of a belly...but you certainly don't look big. By your standards, I could be 12 weeks pregnant right now! You look good! I'm excited for you.
Keep us updated on the big move!

mother of 3 said...

Michelle,

You can't even tell you are pregnant! I wouldn't even think anything if I didn't know you.
I went to the Dr. last week and I am dialated to 2cm.
3 weeks left!

Karene

Hannah and Mike said...

Congratulations! Cole and Michelle. Its so much fun (and work) to be a parent but its great. Its funny when you are pregnant for the first time because you are torn between wanting to show and have everyone notice, but also not wanted to get to big and fat too fast. Also, congrats on the new opportunity in Flagstaff, its beautiful there. We may have to some visit sometime. Best of luck!

Carrie said...

Yay! You have a cute little belly. Keep posting pictures so I can enjoy pregnancy without having to go through it myself. If you guys are going through Albuquerque on the way to flagstaff (is it on the way?) you are welcome to stay with us if you want. Seriously! We would love to have you here. I talk to Ben about you and he's always like, "Which one is she again?" It might help him to see you in person. :) Good luck with moving!

jen.nie said...

Your first bump shot! Your looking great!! Good luck on your move to Flagstaff, i bet you will love it.