Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Change in plans...

We are no longer moving to North Carolina. We are moving to Flagstaff, Arizona. Cole has loved being an engineer at Caterpillar this year. If he were to stay with them he would have to go into management right away and doesn't want to do that. He wants to stay in the engineering industry a while longer. We would also probably end up in the mid west our entire lives if we stayed with CAT (which we don't like) so he found a new job. He will be working for W. L. Gore. They are a really good company and have their hand in a lot of areas. Cole will be working in the medical device industry which he has experience in and loves. I think it will be much more rewarding for him. Flagstaff isn't typical Arizona. We will be in the mountains and the hottest it gets is about eighty-five degrees. We will be 8 hrs from my parents and Cole has family in Phoenix (1hr45min away) so we are very excited. He will start work May 19th. Needless to say we are in a whirlwind getting the move going and all that stuff but are very excited.

6 comments:

Abby said...

Wow, that is a big change! It sounds like Flagstaff has ideal weather. Good luck with the move...I hope you don't feel too sick!

mother of 3 said...

We are so excited for you and hope to take a family trip with your parents to come and visit for a few days. Maybe the next long weekend after Beckam is born? How are you feeling?

Karene

Carrie said...

That will be different from NC but better, I think. I'd live in the center of the earth if it meant I could live closer to family. :) Ps Karene is married to Jared, right? Anyway I think Beckam is the cutest name I've ever heard. Sorry that was random but I couldn't resist. Thanks for taking time out of your busy packing schedule to update us!

Michelle said...

Carrie,
Jared is married to Karene and they have an adorable 2 year old girl named Jandi and a boy on the way in May named Beckam. Nathan is married to Brianne and they have 3 girls: Megan 5yrs old, McKenna 3 yrs old, and Mikayla 7monthsish? They are soooo cute!

Melissa said...

Wow what exciting news! I am so excited for you. I am visiting Melissa and the kids and she is helping me to write to you. I am sure your mom is thrilled to death to have you so close. Take care!
Love you,
Diane

brianne said...

Yeah for Arizona being closer ... just to update, Mikayla is 9 months - the time goes by fast, eh? Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help with the unpacking part of the move!!