Saturday, May 21, 2011

Going Home


The time has come to finally go home. Cole was offered a job at Edward's Life Sciences in Draper, Utah and has taken it. He has been unhappy in his current job for a while now and wanted something different. He has been applying at various companies for a long time. Two weeks before Carter was born he got interviews with three different companies in Utah. Edward's was our top choice and the day after Carter was born they offered him a job. We've been waiting until Cole gave his two week notice to tell people. He had 3 years at Gore this week which meant he was fully vested, thus the need to keep this quiet until that day. He gave his notice yesterday. Needless to say his employer was very surprised and very sad to hear he is leaving. They are begging him to stay but he doesn't want to.

Preparing to move has kept us very busy. It's been hard for me to focus on the move because my focus is on Carter right now so Cole's done a lot of the planning for us. Me and the kids will drive to Utah next weekend with my Dad and Cole will come the following weekend. We've listed our home at the lowest amount we can (which means we will loose a lot of money) and if it doesn't sell we will have to rent it. My parents have graciously offered to let us live at their house until we settle things with our Flagstaff home.

I am leaving Flagstaff with mixed feelings. I am going to miss the associations we have here and I hate starting over. Change can be good but it usually comes with hardships. I am so excited to be near family. I am thrilled that my kids will grow up with family around. I am excited to be around to celebrate events and help with hardships in our families lives. I look forward to having more support when trials come. This last year has been hard and we've felt a longing for families support. I will not miss the liberal element in Flagstaff. Even though it is in AZ it is a very liberal town with a strong transient element. I will not miss the long windy season. I will miss Lexi's playgroup, my bunco group, my young women, Oregano's, my house, and the way the trees look after it snows. We would have been fine staying here but we are so excited for the opportunity to go home!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Congrats! I'm glad Cole was able to find a job here and I hope that everything works out with your house! I'm excited for you, but why is it that you're coming right when I'm leaving!? :) We'll have to get together before I move.

Bethany said...

Good luck in Utah! I hope you guys are happy there. Way to go working it out to be vested too. that's a big perk.

Sharon said...

Moving is hard, but I'm excited for you guys to be able to move close to family. Hope the move and everything goes smooth.

Denise said...

Oh my goodness! I bet you are so excited. Good luck with everything...especially with having a newborn!