Once I was prepped Cole got on his scrubs and we were walked down to the operating area. I had to go in without Cole. I wish he could have stayed. Things moved very fast after that. They put up the curtain, numbed me, and then brought Cole it. I didn't shake like I did with Lexi. Cole got to watch the surgery and even took some pictures of Carter coming out. I heard Dr. Perrin say, "I see some hair," and the anesthesiologist said, "I see some plumbing." I wanted to ask her what color his hair was but didn't. I was also relieved that he really was a boy. The next thing I knew they pulled him out and showed me a handsome little dark haired boy. I got teary eyed and was so happy he had dark hair. I secretly really wanted a dark hair boy that looked like Cole and I got my wish. I immediately knew our decision to give him Cole's middle name was the right one. They took him over to be weighed and he peed. He weighed 7 lbs exactly (which was my guess:). He was 21 in which shocked us (later at the doctors he was only 20 1/2 in). It was such a joyful experience. The entire procedure and recovery were so much better than Lexi's birth. I was able to get up and about a lot faster. Carter had some of the same struggles Lexi did with nursing but we had great nurses that helped us with that.
Everyone in the hospital loved Carter. I had nurses tell me he was the cutest baby on the floor and they wanted to take him home. Carter has brought me so much happiness. I have really enjoyed having a newborn around again. I am so much more relaxed this time and it's helped me to enjoy the little things more. Carter does not like to sleep in his bed. For some reason he can tell the difference between laying in his bed vs our bed.
Lexi didn't get to come to the hospital to meet Carter due to hospital restrictions. She was really excited the day we came home. She was prancing over to us the minute we got in the door and wanted to see baby Carter so bad. I don't think I've ever seen her so excited. When she saw him she just kept saying over and over, "He's so cute!" I am so glad he is here and is healthy. I am also glad things worked out the best they could and that my Mom could come to help us with the transition. We love our baby Carter!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your story and cute pictures. Glad to know everything went well. Love the dark hair. I'm hoping (not so secretly) that my next one has dark hair ;)
Post a Comment