Tuesday, January 18, 2011

26 Weeks


I am now 26 weeks along. This little boy is fun! He moves more than Lexi did and I really enjoy it. He does not like it when I have to go to the bathroom and will let me know until I am so uncomfortable I go. I am excited and nervous for his arrival. I can't wait to have another baby to snuggle with and love. I am worried I won't have the energy to keep up with two kids and that I will always feel like I am not giving enough of myself to one of them. I can't wait for Lexi's reaction. She loves babies and when we watched a friends baby she was very involved. She has a strong motherly side to her. I am worried about the differences between boys and girls. I don't feel like I know how to be a Mom to a boy. How do you do their hair? What will he do while I paint Lexi's nails? (Cole has already informed me I can't paint our sons, even if it's clear polish:) I'm sure I'll figure it out but I do feel a little inadequate. I am excited for my Mom to come out when he's born. She knows me and will be able to help me through my insecurities. I am glad I have a great husband I know I can rely on. He's done things for me I never imagined someone would be willing to do for me. I know I can count on him. He's never let me down. I am so glad I can participate in this part of Heavenly Fathers plan. It has always been my desire to be a wife and mother and I find great joy in those roles.

1 comment:

melissa said...

i'm excited for you, michelle. and i'm glad i'm not the only one who worries about having another kid. except i'm worrying way in advance since it will probably be afew years before we get there. you'll be great.