The end of one the beginning of two is the theme at our house lately. It is an appropriate theme for two reasons:
1. Lexi is enjoying her last few days as a one year old.
2. Lexi is also enjoying her last few months as the one and only child we have!!! We're expecting our second child April 24th!!! We are so excited! I'm 12 weeks.
Some notes I want to remember about the past few weeks:
I could tell I was pregnant before I found out officially. It felt very familiar. With both pregnancies I've had a lot of ligament pain during the first few weeks. To tell Cole I was pregnant I put back on some pants I wore when I was pregnant with Lexi (that Cole hated) and told him it was time for them again. I also waved the stick at him to which he squinted and tried to read it. He was a little slow to realize what I was saying. We were both thrilled and so grateful.
I went to Utah three days later and was able to tell some of my family then. It is always my hope that I can tell them in person and was so excited to get to again. They knew this was something we wanted and were so happy for us. This pregnancy has been really hard to hide. My body is very efficient now and thus I've been showing really fast. As a result the day after I found out I was pregnant I already had to get up in the night to use the bathroom. My appetite was really poor for a few weeks so I actually lost weight even though I was getting rounder. I even had a little morning sickness with this pregnancy which was new to me. I was so glad it only lasted a week and a half. I felt so sorry for women that have it for months and months. It is especially hard when you have to keep up with a toddler. I was so grateful for Cole. He really stepped it up and was so patient with me. I've been tired and taking it easy but am feeling a lot better now that the first trimester is ending.
I am so excited about the timing of this baby. My kids will be exactly two and a half years apart. I really wanted a spring baby. I am excited for Lexi. She really loves babies right now and is really nice to them. (let's hope it lasts) She has a strong motherly instinct and likes to help take care of them. I feel so blessed and excited about this pregnancy.
10 comments:
I'm so happy for you guys!! Congrats, again!
Congratulations! We're excited to hear what you are having in a couple of months!
That's awesome - congratulations!
Congrats!
That's so exciting!! Congratulations!!
Yay! Congrats! I've been thinking about you lately and been meaning to call you. I hope all is going well with you, sounds like it is.
Congratulations! that is wonderful! spring is a great time to have a baby. Micah was born April 28 and it has been my favorite time for a baby yet. I hope the pregnancy goes wonderfully.
How exciting! Good luck with the pregnancy, I hope all goes well for your family
Congratulations Michelle & Cole! That is wonderful news! I hope you start feeling better as you move into the next trimester.
Congrats! I am so excited for you!
Post a Comment