Girl 1: My Dad is who I thought of. If my Mom is sick he will do her chores and take off work to help out. He always helps us.
Girl 2: My Dad is mine too. He's going through a hard time right now and might lose his job. Even though he's really tired when he comes home from work he still plays with my brothers. He goes running with me. I don't really like to run but my Dad makes it fun and motivates me.
Girl 3: Mine is my Dad too. He also might lose his job but he still takes time to help people. When the floods happened he took off time from work to help our neighbors.
After the girls responses I was a little surprised. I had expected them to all think of their Mothers. I then realized how important the role of a Father is in a girls life. It made me grateful that my daughter has a father she could say the same things about. He always makes time for her. He lets her know he loves her. He loves her mom (me) and sacrifices for our family. I am also grateful for my own father. He is a great example to me. My favorite memory of him growing up was when I would wake up in the morning. I got up early for school but he was always already up. Every morning he would be in the living room reading his scriptures or kneeling by the couch praying. He never missed a day. He is such a great father and I love him so much.
Lexi and Cole one year ago in North Carolina. She is trying to touch a kite off in the distance.
No comments:
Post a Comment