Thursday, May 15, 2008

We're here

We made it to Flagstaff. Only half of our stuff is here. The moving company didn't calculate our stuff well and only left 6 ft on a truck to fit everything so only half of it fit. They haven't found anyone to move the other half. Hopefully it will come sometime next week. Luckily we have our bed and most necessities. Cole was great and unpacked pretty much everything on his own. On Tuesday it snowed here which was kind of a fluke but fun. It is now in the 70's and a bit windy. I feel like we are getting to know the town pretty well. We've been looking around at townhomes. We kind of know where we'd like to be. The housing out here is super expensive so we'll see what we come up with. I am still feeling well and am anxious to find a doctor soon. On my last Friday in Decatur the ladies in my ward threw me a surprise baby shower. It was soooo fun. I love them and miss them. I will post pictures of everything when I am on my own computer (I am using the public libraries computer right now:). So far Flagstaff is fine. It's been nice to have Cole with me this week. I'm a little nervous for when he starts work on Monday. I'll have to find things to keep me busy. We went out to lunch with two of his mentors at his new job. They were nice. One of them was LDS. There are 12 wards here (some student wards) and 1 stake so It'll be different than in Decatur. I think Cole will like his job and fit in there really well.

3 comments:

Abby said...

That is so sweet that your ward had a surprise baby shower for you. You don't know the gender yet do you?
I hope things continue to go well!

Dave & Aimee said...

Well, I am glad you made it safe and sound :) Oh how fun for you to have a baby shower! I love them, it just gets you all excited for your new little one.

Stephanie said...

Glad you made it safely! Moving is always such a nightmare---especially when not all your stuff makes it. Sounds like it will be a great place!