Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What's for dinner?

Does anyone have any good, healthy, easy recipe's. I know those are pretty narrowing qualifications but I'm getting sick of our same old stuff and am in search of something yummy. I am also dying for some side dish recipe's if anyone has some. In the spirit of sharing I will put up my newest find Feta Cheeses Chicken. It quickly became one of Cole's favorites and mine because it takes all of 5 minutes to make.
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I only use 1 or 2 and it works out just as well)
2 Tbsp lemon juice, divided
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped red peppers (they make it soooo good)
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley

Preheat oven to 350. Arrange chicken in 13 x 9 inch baking dish.

Drizzle with 1 Tbsp of the lemon juice. Season with black pepper and salt. Top with feta cheese; drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp lemon juice.

Bake 35-40 min. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with red pepper and parsley.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi, it's me! I will try to think of some good ones but in the meantime you should check out realsimple.com They always have tasty, healthy and easy recipes. One of my favorites is Maple Glazed Chicken with sweet potatoes. mmmmmm.

Carrie said...

Oh and I forgot, this was a post on my blog in October but I LOVE brussels sprouts done this way.

first, you cut the stem end off of the sprouts. Then you cut them in half lengthwise. Then you saute them in olive oil until they brown a little and get tender. I got tired of waiting for the tenderness so i put a little water in the pan and put a lid on it until they got tender. Then you throw in a clove of garlic (thinly sliced) and a handful of golden raisins. Cook this for a minute or two and voila! Brussels sprouts.