Friday, October 12, 2007

Conference

Hi everyone! We are still here in Decatur, IL. Cole loves his job and I do too because he is usually home by 4:00. We like our apartment and we love our ward. It is obviously different than Utah, but we have learned a lot. Last weekend was conference. We took an investigator, Lee, with us and he went to all 5 sessions. He is an older retired man that lives alone. He is set to be Baptized tomorrow. It was different watching conference at the church but I do have to say I think it is the only conference we didn't fall asleep during:) I liked watching it with Lee because it helped me think about the talks more and how he might be understanding them. I loved the talk on looking for God's hand in your life each day. I know I often don't recognize the blessings I've been blessed with because I choose not to look for them. We have felt our Heavenly Fathers hand in our decision to move and while we have been here. I especially have had the comfort of the Holy Ghost to help me while we have been here. Don't get me wrong, I still get homesick every now and then, but I have felt the peace the Spirit can bring in helping you through changes and trials. We are thankful Heavenly Father cares about us enough to lead us and shape us. Love to you all!

No comments: