Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hawaii

To celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary we decided to go to Maui.  We flew Cole's Mom out to watch the kids and went with my parents.  I was so worried about leaving and it was stressful trying to get everything ready but things worked out fine.  We had a lot of wind while we were there so it interfered with some of our activities but we still had fun.  We went to church, rode bikes down the mountain in the pouring rain, and zip lined.  I had dreamed of zip lining and we got cancelled twice but the last day we finally got to do it.  It was fun but oddly enough the longer I did it the more nervous I got.  I came in too fast one time and scraped up my leg and it scared me.  I still loved it though.  The bike ride was a mental challenge.  It was so rainy and cold that I just had to mentally motivate myself to keep going.  I just rode as fast as I could.  My glasses were so fogged I often could barely see but I did it.  We ate amazing food.  We got to go to Mama's Fish house and I tried lobster for the first time and liked it.  Cole did a dive with my Dad and had a great time.  The kids did well with Grandma.  Carter got an ear infection and Trevor didn't sleep very well for her so she was pretty tired when we got home.  The trip kind of feels like it never even happened now but I'm so glad it did.


No comments: