Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Winter










It has been an odd winter.  It snowed on Christmas and then it stayed dry and sunny for most of February and January.  We even took the kids to the park it was so warm.  The kids have been doing well.  Lexi has been asking to learn to sew so I helped her make a little bag.  She did really well.  She has been working hard on reading and has a natural ability to do math.  I love that about her!  The other day she brought home a paper with addition on it.  She told me they used their hands to figure out the answers but that 5+6=11 was the hardest one.  I asked her how she did it since she didn't have enough fingers.  She told me she knew 5+5=10 and 6 was 1 more so the answer was 11.  I loved her logical thinking.  The other day she asked us the difference between boys and girls.  I asked her what she thought was different.  She said boys have smellier arm pits.  I laughed so hard. 
Carter has been showing an engineering side to him.  He is always building machines.  He likes to make things that have a domino effect.  Cole helped him make a machine out of straws.  They attached straws together and ran water through them.  Cole was so proud of Carter.  It's fun to see the kids have talents and interests similar to ours.  The other day he got in trouble several times and I was quite frustrated with him.  He came up to me and said, "I forgive you."  It was so funny.  I'm glad after he was naughty he forgave me.  I asked him what it means to forgive someone.  He said it means you still love them.  I was then humbled.  He has such a deep spiritual connection.  His prayers are the best.  He always prays that we will be nice.  One day he said thank you for Mommy, even though she's a little bit naughty, but she can try to do better next time.  Oh that boy!
Trevor has quite the personality.  He loves to wave at everyone and I mean everyone.  At the store he waves at every person we pass.  He blows kisses and even makes the smacking noise when he does it.  He gives open mouth kisses.  He can be mean when he wants to.  He has bit every member of the family hard.  He also pulls hair and scratches.  He signs more when he wants more and asks for food by puckering up his lips and saying foo.  He says more, foo(food), mama, dada, hi, wow, ought ough, and baba.  He likes to dance.  He had an obsession with socks for a few weeks but his most favorite thing are balls. He went to feeding therapy for the second time.  They were very impressed by his progress and he has done well enough that he's "graduated" from it.  I've just finished weaning him and we've been working on sleeping through the night.  For about two weeks we got up with him in the night and rocked him to sleep but that could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour and might happen more than once a night.  I was more exhausted than ever.  I actually went to my Moms house to sleep on two occasions just to get a good nights rest.  Now we are letting him cry and he cries for 15-30 minutes once a night.  Hopefully he'll stop soon and just sleep. 

No comments: