Sunday, April 13, 2014

Potty Training

Carter turns 3 soon so I randomly decided to potty train him one day.  It is by far my least favorite thing to teach my kids.  We started off sitting on the potty watching a show.  I gave him juice to encourage him to pee.  After 2 hours he did it for the first time.  We cheered and he loved all of the positive attention.  Then he got diarrhea.  I should have known better than to give him juice.  The poor boy would toot and it would be everywhere.  I was ready to give up but the next day when he got up he asked to put on his underwear and was excited to keep trying so we did.  We got him a sticker chart for poop and if he went 5 times he got a prize.  He really wanted the prize.  He sat on the toilet straining all day long and ended up pooping 5 times.  It was hilarious.  All in all he has done really well and likes wearing underwear and gets upset if I put a pull up on him.  He has managed to handle it all well especially considering he gets diarrhea a lot.  It's been fun seeing him enjoy us telling him how awesome he is and how proud we are of him.  He'll come tell me he's awesome and he made me happy after he goes.

No comments: