Saturday, November 2, 2013

Update

Fall has begun and I am so happy!  I am in my third trimester now and actually feel better than I did a few weeks ago.  I am antsy to get things ready for Christmas.  Cole has been working hard on the basement and we are getting the carpet installed this week!  We are so excited to have this extra space to play and hang out.  Between doing the basement and the backyard this year we are ready for the projects to be done for a while.  The kids are still making us laugh all the time. 

Carter has gotten easier and more compliant.  There is a big difference between a two year old and a two and a half year old.  I am glad I've been able to have my kids two and a half years apart.  My favorite things about Carter right now are the things he says.  He tells me he doesn't want to be "coldie" (cold).  The other day he asked if he could play with my hair and I said yes.  He proceeded to grab it and such his thumb but looked up at me with his sweet eyes and said, "I love you Mommy."  If he accidentally does something wrong  he is quick to say he's sorry.  He is really good to share his treats and food with Lexi.  He has a kind heart and notices when others feel sad.  He breaks my heart when he feels sad because he has the saddest face.  He always tells us that people hit him but usually no one has.  We're not sure why he says it.  He talks like he's an adult and uses appropriate social phrases.  He has the best singing voice and uses a lot of bravado.  He loves to dance but always has to wear a princess dress when he does it.

Lexi has changed and wants to be more independent and in charge lately.  We've been butting heads more because of this.  The other day I was telling her that this house and everything in it is mine.  It made her really mad and she said "Santa gave me some of the things so they are mine not yours."  It surprised me and made me worry what kind of come backs I'm in for when she's a teenager.  I am trying to figure out how to enforce what I say but also let her have a say.  She still loves pre-school and says her best friend is Hailey (and me).  She loves to pack things and faithfully takes a church bag each week.  Lately she's been into building clubs, forts, and stores with pillows and blankets.  She idolizes her cousin Megan and gets excited to do things that Megan does.  She likes to do projects and her creativity has blossomed a lot lately. 

No comments: