Friday, August 23, 2013

Tender

I just had an experience with Carter I don't ever want to forget.  I know I usually only write about his mischievous side but he has a very compassionate side.  Today I found out one of my Young Women is having surgery for a brain tumor.  It has really been hard and I found myself crying this morning just thinking about it.  Carter saw and asked me if I was okay.  He always does sweet things like that when he thinks there might be something wrong.  I asked him for a hug and he gave me a big squish.  I was still crying so he asked me again if I was okay.  He then asked me if I wanted a "headband" (aka band aid).  He touched my tears and said he wanted to get me a band aid for them.  He then heard me sniffle and told me he would get me a tissue.  He ran to his room and got a baby wipe and came and wiped my nose.  Needless to say my tears grew heavier as I watched my little boy care for me.  His tender heart touched mine in a way I've never felt.  The love and mercy of a child.  What a powerful example. 

1 comment:

Sharon said...

children are amazing. what a sweet spirit they have and bring into our home.