Sunday, November 11, 2012

Europe!!! (and a little Asia:)
















We had the extraordinary opportunity to go to Istanbul, Rome, and Florance.  (My pictures are backwards in order) My Mom and Maleah watched our kids for 10 days while Cole and I went with Marilyn, Dale and Neal.  It was a lot of fun and we learned so much.  Istanbul is a great city with great people.  I loved learning about the Christian and Muslim  history there.  My favorite place was the Haga Sophia church.  It is special to both Christians and Muslims and because of such they have decided not to give it to either party but rather turned it into a museum.  It is beautiful and touched me.  My favorite food item in Turkey was the Turkish ice cream.  It was like taffy and was the best ice cream we had the entire trip (even better than gelato).  Rome was amazing.  We saw more than I can mention but it was great.  My favorite place was the Catacombs.  I was touched as I thought about all those Christians hiding and staying faithful to their new faith.  The small tombs for the many children that were killed made me really sad.  I hope to follow their examples and always stay true to my Christian faith.  I also liked the villa we went to in Rome.  The food in Italy was so good!   We enjoyed delicious pizza, pasta, and gelato.  My favorite part of Florance was the shopping.  It was fun to see all the Italian leather creations.  We had interesting experiences with people throwing up next to me on both the flight to Europe and the flight home but it was worth it.  We had a great time on the trip and enjoyed getting to know each other better as well as new cultures.  We also missed our kids like crazy and were so happy to be reunited with them.  When I held Carter for the first time when we got home he touched my hair and said, "Yeah!"  My thoughts exactly...

No comments: