Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Lexi Update
Lexi is growing up so fast. A while ago we told her that when she grows up she will get her own house. She started to cry and we told her she could live with us forever if she wants to. The next day she told me she changed her mind and she wanted her own house when she grew up. I asked her what kind she wanted and she didn't know. Well that conversation sparked a train of thought that has stuck with her for the last little while. She has figured told me that when she grows up she is going to get a job and paint temples like her Daddy. She will get a house, car, babies (a boy named Carter and a girl named Lexi), car seats, toys, two dogs, and a Daddy. She told me I could come visit and sleep over. She told me to bring my tent, flashlight, sleeping bag, and pillow. She said she would build me a bed and would borrow Grandpa's tools to build it with her big muscles. She asked me if I would be the Grandma. She wanted a Beatle Bug car but decided she didn't want it because it only has one door and there wouldn't be enough room for me, Carter, and her children.
One day she told us she wanted to show us her house. We were surprised and just drove home. She got upset and told us she wanted to take us past her house. She said they were building it and proceeded to tell us how to get to it. Well, there is a house being build near ours. She took us there and said that was going to be her house. I was shocked. I had no idea she even knew that house was there. I didn't know what to say because I didn't know how she'd react when we told her that wasn't her house. I told her she would have to see if the house was around when she got bigger. She was really excited about the house because she said she could ride her scooter to my house from her house (the scooter she's going to get when she gets bigger). These types of conversations have been happening on a daily basis and surprise me at the depth of thought she has put into her future. It is funny and shocking. She really wants to grow up and is always measuring if her feet touch the ground yet when she is sitting on the couch. We've tried to help her be more excited about being little but it makes her really sad because all she wants is to be big.
For the last year Lexi has been sleeping in a tent at night. Cole has a tent pole attached to her day bed and we put the sheet over it, thus it is a tent. She started doing it when Carter was born and it has now turned into a "security blanket" for her. We've tried several times to get her to sleep without it. She screams each time. Lexi had been wanting some money to put in her new piggy bank. I told her if she slept without her tent she could have three pennies. I let her decide if she wanted a tent or three pennies. She picked the pennies and is now sleeping without her tent! She is really excited because I told her she is sleeping like a big girl now. Lexi still loves to snuggle and we all love it. She always likes to know what is going to happen next in her day, where we are going, what we are doing, etc. She asks a lot of questions and I am trying to learn to be more patient with how inquisitive she is. She loves to ride her trike and go to the park. She knows over half of her capitol letters, most colors, counts to 15, and most shapes. She loves learning and identifying letters in her name and her families names. She is a really pretty girl and loves to wear dresses. She is into feeling and looking like a princess. She loves to sing, dance, and do gymnastics. We love Lexi and hope she doesn't grow up too fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment