Sunday, July 17, 2011

Baby Blessing

Carter Cole Chamberlain was blessed in the Highland 2nd ward July 17th, 2011 by his Father. It was a very special blessing. Cole talked about Heavenly Fathers love for Carter and that he is a child of God and can take comfort in knowing who he is. He talked about Carter receiving the Priesthood, going on a mission, and getting married in the temple. He also talked about his name (Chamberlain) and the great heritage that comes with it and that the men in the circle loved him.. I looked forward to this day and it proved to be very memorable. There were at least 12 men in the blessing circle from both sides of the family: Ray, Nathan, John S., Tim, Bill, Alvin, Dale, Mike, Madison, Neal,John B.,Brent, and maybe more (I had a hard time seeing). Carter was awake during his blessing but didn't make a sound. After the blessing we came to my Moms house for a luncheon. We had pulled pork sandwiches, salads, fruit, mint brownies, and cookies. It was a great day and we loved having family around to help us celebrate.











3 comments:

Sharon said...

Carter is getting so cute . . . and chubby. Sounds like things are going good.

Sarah said...

He's growing so fast! I'm glad you had such a great turnout.

Matt and Amie said...

Michelle! I havent seen your blog for so long, and I cant believe how cute and grown up your kiddos are. They are just adorable. Carter is such a cutie! I hope you are doing well!