Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Normal

We had our check-up at the Doctor and Lexi is back to normal officially. We are off oxygen, breathing treatments, and antibiotics. The Doctor was impressed with how fast Lexi turned around and it dawned on me that the day after she received a Priesthood blessing she started doing better. I am so thankful for the Priesthood in our lives. It was hard to ask someone to come help Cole give her a blessing because we didn't want to expose anyone or their family to RSV. We found someone willing to come and took precautions and I am grateful to him for coming.

The day after we got out of the hospital we went to Utah. Cole had training and stayed in Northern Utah while me and Lexi stayed at my Moms. I was so grateful to be able to stay with my Mom because I didn't want to be alone in case things got worse with Lexi. My Mom and Dad were so kind and we loved being there. It was good for all of our spirits. Lexi was in heaven and thinks Grandma and Grandpa are the greatest. She even got to play with her cousins and I haven't seen her have so much fun in a long time. I wish she could play with them more often. It was really fun to see them all get along and enjoy being around each other. It's hard to believe Lexi is old enough to dress up with them and play with them.

Throughout our hospital stay I was trying to think of the positives and came up with a few:
1. This happened before the baby got here. RSV in a 2 year old is hard but RSV in a newborn would have been very scary.
2. Lexi isn't potty trained. A few weeks ago I tried for one day and it was awful so I decided to wait. I am now feeling grateful because our hospital stay would have been a lot harder if she were potty trained. Kind of ironic.
3. We have insurance. Last year one of my friends had a daughter that got pneumonia. The doctor wanted to hospitalize her but the family didn't have insurance so they didn't. It really pointed out to me how grateful I am we have insurance.
4. The babies birth and Lexi's hospital visit are in the same year. When I had Lexi we maxed our out of pocket insurance quota so I am assuming I will with this one too, thus Lexi's RSV hospital stay shouldn't cost hardly anything.
5. The hospital stay was over a weekend. Cole was off of work and able to help me.
6. Lexi is old enough to watch shows. I don't know how we would have kept her occupied without Caillou and Dora. It would have been much harder if this had happened when she was one.
These are just a few of the random "positives" I came up with. Honestly negative thoughts consumed me most of the time so it was good for me to try to think of these.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Thank goodness for the Priesthood - it really is an amazing gift.

Holbrook's said...

So glad she is home and all OK!!