Saturday, February 26, 2011

RSV

Where to start. At the beginning of the week Lexi had a cold. She wasn't sleeping and by Thursday I took her to the doctor. Her oxygen levels were low so they put her on at home breathing treatments and had us come back on Friday. By Friday she was worse which landed us in the hospital with an official diagnosis of RSV. We are still in the hospital and I must say it has been one of the most emotionally draining experiences I've ever been through. I am glad it is the weekend so Cole can help out. He is such an amazing man. I love my family so much. This experience has made me really miss Utah and the support we have there. I am so glad to have a wonderful extended family and miss them even more. We love Lexi so much and hope this trial can quickly come to a close. She's been very brave and is such a good girl.



6 comments:

Ellen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Lexi is sick. I hope she gets over it soon and that both of you can get some good rest. Spencer has RSV right now too. His oxygen levels have been good though, he just has a cough and is a little wheezy so thankfully he gets to be at home. I think he may be over the worst of it. Yeah!

Sarah said...

ohhh, poor baby!! If there's anything we can do from afar, let me know. I hope she gets better soooo soon

Sarah said...

We're thinking and praying for you guys! Get better Lexi!

Sharon said...

Oh no - hope she gets better quickly. You're in our prayers.

Dax and Jen said...

So sorry, that is not fun. Seems like RSV is really going around this year...hopefully it passes quickly for you!

Denise said...

Oh my goodness! I have been saying this whole RSV season that I pray we don't end up in the hospital because I everyday at work I have to see what the parents go through and I would never wish that upon anyone! Good luck and take good care of you and that sweet little baby growing too!